Saturday, June 12, 2010

Solo Car Commuter Satisfaction

This is a little survey of no academic value whatsoever, but designed only to satisfy a long-standing curiosity on a subject that has been near and dear to my heart for many years. It may have just a tiny bit of social value. I would like to know how much various factors contribute to your satisfaction, or lack thereof, with your daily commute to work by car. If you already walk, ride a bike, car pool, or take public transportation, good on you! Right now I'm only interested in people who drive to and from work alone.

This survey is entirely anonymous. I will not ask for your name, your title, your place of work, or your IP address. A summary of the results and my random conclusions will be posted on my blog, http://firstgentrekkie.blogspot.com, whenever I finally get around to it.

Thank you for you assistance!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGpqYm51STJFYVBlbWNVajE1OUNHeEE6MQ

1 comment:

  1. I completed the survey, but it didn't really cover that I have three different commutes, depending on whether I'm going straight to work (a commute on back country roads that i usually love), dropping both kids off at the same day care (slightly more time-consuming and more congested streets) or taking one child to school and the other to day care (2.5 hours from home to work with stops, on congested highways. Not fun, but at least we have audio books.) And with the last - I'd thought to try to carpool, but my fuel-efficient car won't hold three car seats, so I'm kind of stuck.
    Also, with my part-time library job, working in the middle of the day or until 9 pm close, your proposed morning and afternoon-only public transportation wouldn't really help. If there were public transportation that would handle my complicated commute, though, I would take it in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete